Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Confetti Art

Is the world coming to an end? Just checking because this is my third post in three days! I'm blowing my own mind.

I knocked out a bunch of homework this morning & my brain was frazzled, so I decided to re-gather my thoughts by doing something creative! I have a list of projects that I want to accomplish before summer ends--a little sewing, a little painting, a little redecorating my bedroom (by little I mean total), and mostly DIY projects I've come to love on Pinterest.

I started out not too overly ambitious & made a canvas a la Kate Spade. I've been wanting to add more metallics to my room decor so I dropped in to Hobby Lobby to peruse, when I remembered a super easy & quick idea I'd seen some time last year on Natalie Xanthakis's Mint Love Social Club. It's a super fun blog with lots of fun ideas for throwing parties, yummy recipes, & a peek every once in a while into a closet I wish was mine.


Here's the inspiration: Kate Spade's Ticker Tape Tidbit Dinnerware (which I secretly desire more than anything in the world):





This pic is Natalie's version. I think her canvas is 24x24? I did 12x12 & I'm pleased with it, but bigger is always better!


Here's what I did!


Seriously, it took me less than 20 minutes & cost $8.73. I'm not kidding, that is actually the exact amount.

If you're feeling inspired, you can follow the DIY tutorial on Mint Love of how to! She has lots of great pics of each step, too.

I've got a few more projects up my sleeve, but they'll show up a little later. I'm currently making throw pillows out of fabric that doesn't match ANYTHING in my room but I loved it so much I had to have it. Not the wisest of decisions. 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment