Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Papier Crépon!

I'm pretty sure it's understood that I'm not throwing lavish parties every weekend, but that's not to say I wish I were! Something about the excitement & stress of it all--simply divine & I'd be happy if all I did for the rest of my life was construct 1000 different ways to decorate/design a party. Pretty sure I picked up that gene from my mom! Ha. 

Speaking of the lovely lady, we were just discussing the other day about how overrated crepe paper streamers are (we were looking at old party pics & realized how many rolls she's used in 25+ years of soiree-throwing). Lucky for her, I had compiled an entire file folder on my desktop chock-full of alternatives to such decor! Don't ask me why--the only answer you'll get is "Because you never know when you might need a new idea!" She raised me right. 

This is only Part 1 because there's too much goodness for one post! And my fingers are tired from typing. Tough life!



Heather Mattos, the mastermind behind the blog Cookie Mondays, used cupcake liners as an alternative to streamers for her daughter's  Cookies & Milk Birthday Party.



Flag pennants are a big hit at my house! There's usually one at every birthday. This amazing candy buffet is the work of Amy Atlas & that explains everything.



How fun is this display? When I first saw this, I thought the backdrop was made of fringed streamers, but upon closer inspection I discovered they were clothespins!


Genius right!? There are tons more fun decorations from this Malibu Wedding over at StyleMePretty & trust me, you'll want to take a look!



Love LOVE ribbon garland as a backdrop. Super easy & do-able for any party since you choose your own color scheme! Made one last year for a bridal shower for my cousin & it's been used numerous times since! There's a great how-to here. You could also use strips of fabric like she did too!



Okay, I just love these. And they're just crepe paper streamers sewn together to give a ruffle effect! I think this turns ordinary streamers into girly ones! Super easy DIY from Dana Willard of Dana Made It too!



Instantly so much cuter right? You're welcome for all the tutorials by the way.


How about this fun zig-zag, accordion garland from my FAVORITE & the absolute BEST party decor / DIY blog I have ever laid my eyes on, Oh Happy Day. Seriously, I check it every day & fall deeper & deeper in love every single day.

These next 4 beauties are more of Jordan's (Oh Happy Day) creations! Divine!





This paper dot garland is my new obsession. You can count on it at the next party I throw! 

 P.S. She and her fam (hubby + 2 kids) just moved to Paris for a year. Convinced to check her blog yet? Thought so!


Stay tuned for Part 2 next week! There's plenty more where these came from!


No comments:

Post a Comment