Monday, September 27, 2010

Delish

Well, I only have one thing to say.

It is absolutely, positively, one hundred and ten percent autumn. HOORAY!!

There is no doubt. The weather is B-E-A-UTIFUL,  and I haven't stopped smiling since yesterday morning when I woke up and the weather channel app on my phone told me it was 52 degrees. 

There is just something about this season that puts a little more hope in my heart. (it's probably because now I have a verifiable excuse to keep adding to my scarf collection. c'mon, gotta keep that neck warm, duh!) I'm expectant in big ways for the coming months; I can't wait for the leaves to change and fall to the ground, bringing with them the blessing of favor and honor with every amber and magenta shade that hits the ground. 

As I was perusing around the world wide web for ideas for the oodles of little fall parties I'm bound to have this year, I stumbled across these 'to-die-for' Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins. 

Nope, it wasn't a typo, you read right...your favorite holiday Starbucks drink just shape-shifted into 800 calories and now needs a fork instead of a straw. I haven't tried out the recipe yet, but you better believe it's the first seasonal treat this Betty Crocker is taste-testing this year.





I knew you'd be salivating after that picture so here's the recipe. You're welcome.

Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins

1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
1 cup POMx CafĂ© au Lait Iced Coffee (or ½ cup coffee + 1 teaspoon espresso powder + ½ cup milk)
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.

Mix oats and coffee drink in a medium bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.

Add egg whites, butter, pumpkin and vanilla mixing until well blended.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl and mix well.

Stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture, just until moistened.

Fill muffin cups nearly full. Bake 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown. Cool muffins in tins on a wire rack. After 5 minutes remove from pan. Drizzle with Pumpkin Spice Latte Glaze.

Yield: 12 muffins

Pumpkin Spice Latte Glaze

1 teaspoon espresso powder
½ -1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 ½ Tablespoons hot water
¼ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup confectioners’ sugar

Dissolve the espresso powder in the hot water. Add ¼ teaspoon vanilla and mix gently.

In a small bowl, mix 1 Tablespoon of the espresso mixture into the confectioners’ sugar. Add more of the espresso mixture, one teaspoon at a time, until it is a nice consistency for a glaze.

When thoroughly mixed drizzle from a spoon over cooled muffins, or put the glaze in a quart sized ziplock bag, seal the bag, snip of ¼ inch of a lower corner, and squeeze the glaze in a random pattern over the muffins.


 Eat and Enjoy!

recipe via My Own Sweet Thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment