Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bailie in Wonderland

Well, it's happened. One of my most favorite people in the world married her most favorite boy in the world and we celebrated big time! Bailie & Zach (the new Mr. & Mrs. Land; remember their fun engagement party?) tied the knot last Friday and we (jealously) shipped them off to the Bahamas for a week. 

With all the hustle and the bustle of the past few weeks, this post kept getting pushed to the back burner. A few weeks ago all the bridesmaids and house party gals threw a personal shower for the bride-to-be and it was one for the books! (if I do say so myself). The theme was Bailie in Wonderland, and if you knew the bride (which you do, since you're the one reading this, Mom) you know it couldn't have been more perfectly suited for her. 

It was full of whimsy & magic & glam & my friends did an AH-mazing job pulling it off! We wore fascinators and drank mock champagne and shared quite a few laughs. The pics should speak for themselves! We'll start at the front door and work our way around the house (my parents', I might add. Thanks again, Mom!)


How fab & skinny is the bridey? And that fascinator! She's a dream.


The matron of honor and another of my most fav people in the world Caitlin designed the invites that you see tucked behind the crown. They were so fun and she's amazingly good designing them--she made the fun, western invites for the couples shower too! I call her the IDW (Invite Design Wizard); I actually don't call her that, but now I'm thinking about it. Read her blog, The King & I! It'll make your day, nay, YEAR! Just do it.

Less words, more pics!



There were playing cards, tea cups, and metallic gold dots galore!


The spread! It was a little bit of heaven. Tea sandwiches, thumbprint cookies, cupcakes, cheesecake-filled strawberries, lemon bars. I'm salivating.









Had a few too many mocktails that day! Wait...NOT POSSIBLE.


Isn't that Drink Me tag just the greatest? So Mad Hatter Tea/Wonderland appropriate. I downloaded them from B. Nute Production & printed them off on card stock. A fav party detail from the day!





The group!

 It really was one of the most fun showers I've ever been to and I think the bride loved it too! Makes me want to throw parties and showers every weekend. Sigh. Keep dreamin'.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment