Friday, September 20, 2013

Keep Calm & Kerry On

If you've been out & about (which I assume you have) for any length of time in the past 9 months that is the year 2013, then you've noticed a little something I like to call the Kerry Washington Takeover.

I have to admit. This post has been a long time coming.

And rightfully so--Washington slays as Olivia Pope, (Scandal Season 3 premieres October 3rd!!!) the love-to-love Fixer & resident it-girl of Primetime TV; she's incredibly intelligent (think Manhattan's Spence School & a double major in anthropology & sociology from GWU, where she received an honorary Doctorate last Spring & just so happened to give a stellar Commencement Address); she gives great advice (even if those questions are semi-ridiculous); she's hilarious (no, really--she's funny); she's making history; she's probably one of my most favorite people that I've never met (I know, I know).

BONUS: she sings. Kerryoke! And--she's the Guest Judge on this season's Project Runway Finale. Hey-o!

Women aren't crazy when they say, "I want to be Olivia Pope."
What they don't realize?
The literal translation of that statement is, "I want to be Kerry Washington."
I don't blame them.
(She's my choice to play me in a movie of my life.) 

Girlfriend is EVERYWHERE.
Exhibit A:

18+ glossy covers in 15ish months.
Vogue's next. Remember you heard it here first!

Did I mention that she's nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series in Sunday night's Emmy Awards? Excuse the lyrical delineation, but the girl's on fire.

ANDDD... she was just voted People's Best Dressed Woman in the World. Makes total sense.
Here's why:






The issue hits newsstands today! Also? I would wear every single dress seen above.
Best Dressed Woman, indeed. 
Who even knew I cared about a title like that? Consider that challenge accepted.

You guys. I think she's going to win the Emmy. I can feel it in my gut (How Olivia Pope of me). She's in good company though. If she does win...prepare yourself for Monday's post.

There's lots more fangirling where this came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment