Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Martha, Dear...

Well, friends, Thanksgiving is in less than 72 hours which means....

Christmas is almost a month away! (Jumping a little ahead, I know.) And what better way to spread Christmas cheer than with a resounding welcome from your front door courtesy of those lovely little limbs of holly and fir tree, i.e., Christmas Wreaths! Since I am now lazily reclining in the comfort of my parents' home for this little holiday vacay, I'm finding things to occupy my time besides eating, so I don't emerge from my house Sunday night and walk onto campus weighing 50 pounds more than I do right now. This year, I'm dedicating my spare time to making a fantastic Christmas wreath (and learning all you could ever want to know about Paris, France in the 1920s thanks to Humanities Course Number 333.) 

And who better to teach you how to make a Christmas wreath than decorator wunderkind, Martha Stewart? That girl really knows what she's doing. 

Oh, and I'll be sure and post my finished product, don't you worry.



this year's wreath is going to look a little something like this.







how fun would it be if there were actually treats inside this packages?! That's what I call my version of the advent calendar. One package per day until Christmas. Or your birthday. Or Easter. Or Labor Day. Or Canada's Thanksgiving. You can never have too many fabulously celebrated holidays.







mistletoe wreath? Oh, absolut--now let's not get carried away here.





isn't this whole little scene enchanting? Tiffany Blue never hurt ANYTHING.

1 comment: